The ban on Covid-19 infection in the Kathmandu Valley has been extended till August 4.
A joint meeting of the chief district officers of Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, and Lalitpur districts on Sunday decided to relax some provisions by adding a 10-day injunction.
- All kinds of gatherings, conferences, cinema halls, party palaces, dance bars, dance halls, clubs, etc. are not allowed to open crowded areas.
- People should not be allowed to gather in open space, gather, hold processions, gatherings and other activities.
- Not allowed to conduct other religious and cultural activities other than dance worship by the priest.
- Educational institutions are not allowed to teach in physical presence.
- Local transportation will not be allowed to operate from 9 am to 11 am and from 4 pm to 7 pm.
Activities to be conducted
In the case of business
- To operate the shop related to medicines and health items without any hindrance at any time.
- Businesses other than drug stores can be operated till 7:00 pm.
- To operate online order of essential items, restaurant and fast food and other orders for take away or home delivery within the Kathmandu Valley till 7:00 pm.
In case of operation of vehicles
- No more passengers than the total approved seat capacity.
- Passengers, drivers and co-drivers must adhere to mandatory health safety standards.
- Drivers and co-drivers must wear maxi, visors and gloves.
- Sanitizer should be provided at the door of the vehicle.
- Vehicles must be sanitized daily
- To operate with clean tempo and blue micro following the following criteria including point 3 (a). It is not allowed to have more than 9 passengers in the back third seat at the rate of 4-4 people and 1 person in the driver’s seat.
- In the case of private vehicles operating within the valley, it will be found that they are operated by following the health standards.
- Public and private vehicles entering the valley will be allowed to move due to urgent work.
- Transportation of construction materials for public and private construction works will be available from 9 pm to 5 am.
In case of examination and other subjects
- All kinds of pre-determined written and experimental examinations from different bodies will be conducted in compliance with the following conditions.
- No more than 25 candidates can be placed in any one place where the examination is conducted or according to the size of the classroom.
- Before entering the examination hall, after the end of the examination, arrangements should be made to maintain the physical distance as per the criteria prescribed by the Government of Nepal.
- Only after all the examinees of one shift have completely left the examination venue, the examinees of the other shift and related persons will be allowed to enter.
- Health safety standards should be fully followed at the examination venue.
- Conducting activities such as seminars, trainings, seminars, meeting reviews, training through virtual means. If there is a need to renew the attendance, it should be conducted with a maximum of 25 participants.
Those who do not abide by these orders will be punished according to the Covid 19 Crisis Management Ordinance 2078.