Cristiano Ronaldo is in Manchester United’s Champions League squad for Tuesday’s match, Young Boys vs Man Utd in Nepali time
Cristiano Ronaldo is in Manchester United’s Champions League roster for Tuesday’s match against Young Boys in Switzerland.
The 36-year-old was named in the 22-man squad for Tuesday’s fixture in Bern after scoring twice on his second debut in a 4-1 win over Newcastle on Saturday.
Edinson Cavani is sidelined again with an undisclosed ailment, while Dean Henderson is still recovering from Covid-19.
- Cristiano Ronaldo of Manchester United could tie Iker Casillas for the most appearances in the UEFA Champions League with 177 matches in this encounter. Ronaldo already has 134 goals to his name, 15 of which came during his first time at Manchester United, from 2003 to 2009.
- Young Boys have lost both of their UEFA European meetings against Manchester United this season, as well as two group stage matches.
- Manchester United has won 50% of their UEFA Champions League games against Swiss opponents (W4 D2 L2), with each game taking place in the group stages against Basel (W2 D2 L2) or Young Boys (W2 D2 L2) (W2).
- Young Boys have only won one of their eight games against English opponents in European competition (D1 L6), a 3-2 victory against Spurs in the UEFA Champions League qualification play-offs in August 2010 under Vladimir Petkovi – they lost the second leg 4-0 and were eliminated 6-3 on aggregate.
- Young Boys had previously competed in the UEFA Champions League, finishing bottom of the group stage in 2018-19. Their first match of the season was against Manchester United, which they lost 3-0 at home.
Young Boys vs Man Utd Nepali time
|Game||Young Boys vs Man Utd|
|Date||Tuesday, September 14|
|Time||10:30 PM Nepal time|